This last Monday saw the final SPS gathering of the season!
The club met for our AGM which ended with the members voting for our committee members for the next season. I for one retained my position as web guru and internet genius! Largely the committee members has remained the same with a couple of exceptions. Our very own Arthur Ash has stepped down as club vice chairperson after long and distinguished service, and we all thank Arthur for his time, effort and commitment that he has shown the club over many years and hope that he continues to enjoy the clubs programmes.
Tony Brooks steps in as our new vice chairperson having relinquished his position of social secretary which has been appointed to Jo Sowden. We wish Jo a very warm welcome to the committee and look forward to all that she can offer. Chris Pike has also taken on the unenviable task of organising the clubs exhibitions which enable you all to show off your photographic skills whilst promoting the club!
The evening ended with prize giving for the various competitions that have been run throughout the season with our winners being immortalised on the various cups and trophies. Very well done to all our winners!
So that’s it for the season, we wish everyone an enjoyable bank holiday weekend, and hope you all enjoy your summer break and we look forward to seeing you all for the new season come September! For those of you who can’t wait that long, then come along to our more informal summer season programme! Chris Thurston will keep you all up to date as usual with his newsletter and we hope to see as many of you as possible during the summer programme which kicks off on Monday June 1st at Fairlands Lakes for a nice photo walk with Des. The summer itinerary is as follows. (this will of course be updated on the website calendar programme.)
- 1st June – 19:30 – Fairlands Lakes photo walk with Des.
- 8th June – 19:30 – Back to basics with Chris Thurston – (Venue to be confirmed)
- 15th June – 19:30 – Ware photo walk taking in the church & river.
- 22nd June – Social evening at The Crown.
- 29th June – Country walk with Des.
- 6th July – Summer BBQ – The White Horse – Burnham Green.
- 13th July – 19:30 – Bowling!
- 20th July – Q&A Session with CT/PM/TA. (Venue to be confirmed)
- 27th July – Ruby Murray – (Curry night – details TBA)
- 3rd August – Bank Holiday (Newly invented – now cancelled – evening TBA)
- 10th August – Members choice!
- 17th August – The largest parish church in Herts – St Mary’s, Hitchin.
- 24th August – Old Town, Stevenage photo walk (period building) (pub crawl?!)
- 31st August – An actual Bank Holiday
- 7th September – NEW SEASON! WOOHOO!